Monday, August 15, 2016

What does it take to become a homeschooling mom?
That is the question of the day.
I am sure you have heard that question a million times as I have. Why do you do it? It would be so much easier to put your children in a public or private school. My answer is.. I have homeschooled my children because I had a desire to help them accomplish all that God desired them to accomplish. Along the way I regrouped and was set on a new track, my vision restored and my desire rekindled. You will not have all of the answers at first. Do not give up! Stay on course till the Lord redirects you. This has been one of the best revelations I have held onto all of these years. It has proven to be the right way to raise my kids and live my life. I have seen many families change their course from year to year. It seemed they never stuck to the same curriculum or way of teaching two years in a row. That way may have worked for them, but for me to stay on the course God placed me and my kids was the way for me to  become successful on my journey. I have known so many homeschooling moms and I can say without any hesitation we are all different. We all have different views of what is important and how to accomplish our goals for our children. One thing it takes to become a successful homeschooling mom is to be.... selfless. You will not make it if you are not willing to give a hundred percent to your family. I can not count the many nights I have stayed up with my kids helping them finish a paper or helping them understand why someone acted in a crazy way. You must put you on the back burner. I do not care what the world may tell you. OH take care of you and then others. Is that what our Father told us to do? Is that the example He showed us? NO! We must eat well and exercise that is true, but if our children need us the workout will wait or not happen today. Life will go on. We only have our children with us for a short time, take each moment as a gift and give it your all. Do everything as you are doing it unto God. You will reap the wonderful harvest in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I love the poster that says: "The goal of homeschooling is not a rigorous education so they can pursue an illustrious career. The goal is strong character, wisdom and discernment to pursue the life God has called them to live" Jeannie Fulbright

    ReplyDelete